Mental illness is a very common thing with today’s generation and people are scared to tell anyone about their mental condition as people mistake it for an unstable mind or any such thing only. Being mentally sick does not only mean that you have an unstable mind or you are a mad person. Mental illness means your mind is stressed about something and you are not able to let things go off your head which is troubling your mind every time. Your mind is not able to think about anything else but it is stuck to a situation or it has the same though revolving all the time.
There are many causes that can make your mind work like this. Maybe you have had a breakup, a divorce, or you lost your job, maybe your loved one just died. Maybe you have lost connection with someone dear to you, maybe you are scared of some situation, and so many more things can make your mind ill and stressed.
In such conditions, you may need to start with natural remedies first and give yourself some time to recover from such conditions as it takes time to be in a normal state of mind once you have encountered any depressing situation in your life. But if you see no change in your life after some time, then it is high time to consult a counsellor, or any psychologist online or offline.
Symptoms Of Mental Illness
- Feeling sad or unhappy all the time
- Sudden changes in mood
- Loss of Appetite.
- Not able to cope up with daily life situations
- Feeling disconnected from friends
- More Drug Abuse
- Not able to concentrate on anything
- Always feeling low in energy
- Sometime in severe conditions suicidal thoughts arise.
How To Prevent This Condition
There are no clear ways on how to stop this condition but some preventive measures could be helpful in some cases.
- Taking good care of yourself is the first thing when you are low on energy and you feel that you are going to be sad after some time. Eat good stuff like protein based things and try to get more active like go for a job or a run or you can go to a gym to flip your mood.
- Talk to someone and be around someone when you are feeling down or sad due to some reason. Be with someone who is your closest one and talk to them about your issues and remove all the negative thoughts from your mind.
- Make sure that you pay attention to the early signals that we have mentioned above, and if you feel that you are going to witness such conditions in the near future, visit a therapist or counsellor and tell them about your condition.
When You Should See A Doctor
There are cases when people get stuck so badly in this situation that they are not able to cope up wit8h little things or events in their life. If you are getting suicidal thoughts or you’re getting negative in everything or you are triggered even with a small thing, then it is high time that you should see a doctor, counsellor, or therapist online or offline. You can talk to a psychologist online nowadays as it is difficult to go out for sessions due to covid, the online sessions are also good and they can help you get out of the situation as soon as possible.